As the weeks progress, the IAFF, Canadian District Vice Presidents and affiliated Provincial Associations have assisted local affiliates with numerous health and safety, operational and labour relations issues that have arisen as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Safety protocols
- PPE Shortages
- Modifications to collective agreements
- Alternate shift schedules
- Sick time usage during isolation/quarantine
- Workers’ Compensation issues
- Conducting local business and respecting constitutional requirements
- Potential exposure due to members working secondary employment in EMS
- Reductions in emergency medical response
If you require assistance with any of the matters above or any other issues that stand to affect your members, their working conditions and their ability to safely and effectively carry out their duties during the COVID-19 pandemic, please contact your IAFF District Vice President and the IAFF Canadian Office.